When you build your dream home with Metric Homes, you will see that we take an approach to working with our clients that is very different from the industry standard, and certainly different from what you would expect.
All of our homes are “Better Built”. What does that mean? We understand that you want to have the best of the best, so we have updated all of our specifications to include options at our base price that are above and beyond the industry standard. We go out of our way to make sure that from the foundation up, your home will be “Better Built”.
Better Built Standards:
- Design: Choose one of our many models, bring us your own plan, work with us to create your own custom design, or modify any model or design
- Flooring systems are over engineered to reduce squeaks and flex
- Continuous insulation on above and below grade walls
- Synthetic roof underlay
- “Maxx”-style raised roof vents
- Radon gas testing on sample of homes in each project
- “Haven” Fire Suppression System
- Energy Star Certified (Most current version: 17.0)
- Spray foam headers and all areas above unheated space
- Schluter®-KERDI wall system in all showers
- Granite countertops in kitchen, including islands
- Brick skirt on front elevation with the remainder of the front, sides and rear in James Hardie – HardiePlank® Lap Siding. We use no vinyl siding!
- 4-1/8” Red Oak engineered hardwood OR 7-1/2” laminate
- Coloured front windows
- Insulated garage door(s)
- LED bulbs throughout with pot lights in Kitchen and on front elevation
… All this and more at no additional cost or upgrade premium!
With over 17 years’ experience in residential construction, our professional attention to detail has helped us develop a system that makes your home building process easy and stress free. We achieve this by providing better service with a higher quality home and the highest standards. We encourage you to be a part of the building process and welcome you to schedule site visits with our staff to stay connected to the progress of your new dream home.